STRAWBERRY, VANILLA & CHIA HEALTH BITES
Swap your usual sweet treat for something a little healthier. Why not make our ever-popular strawberry, vanilla & chia health bites for a guilt-free treat? No baking required and super easy to make with the kids too!
RECIPE: Strawberry, vanilla & chia health bites
Makes: 16 balls
100 g pitted dates
100 g fresh strawberries, hulled
100 g (2/3 cup) dried cranberries or craisins
125 ml (½ cup) boiling water
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
1½ tablespoons honey
100 g black chia seeds
150 g (1½ cups) almond meal
100 g (1½ cups) shredded coconut
- Coarsely chop the dates and strawberries and place in a heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water, vanilla and honey. Combine well and stand for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chia seeds, almond meal and 50 g (2/3 cup) shredded coconut.
- After the wet mixture has soaked for 10 minutes, transfer to a blender and process into a chunky puree. Add the puree to the dry ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Roll 2 tablespoons (40 g) mixture into balls.
- Place the remaining coconut in a bowl. Add the balls and toss to coat completely. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until cold. Health bites are best stored in the refrigerator.