Coffee, Banana & Vanilla Health Bites Recipe
This Coffee Appreciation Month we’re releasing one of our favourite coffee recipes. These health bites are a delicious and nutritious treat, perfect for a healthy work snack.
Coffee, banana & vanilla health bites:
Makes: 16 balls
100 g pitted dates
1 ripe banana
60 ml (¼ cup) freshly brewed Jamaica Blue Signature Blend™ espresso coffee
½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons honey
100 g (½ cup) black chia seeds
100 g (1 cup) almond meal
40 g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
150 g (1¼ cups) shredded coconut, toasted
1. Coarsely chop the dates and banana and place in a bowl. Add the hot coffee, ginger, vanilla and honey. Combine well and stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the chia seeds, almond meal, cocoa and 100 g of the toasted coconut.
3. After the wet mixture has soaked for 10 minutes, transfer to a blender and process into a chunky puree. Add the puree to the dry ingredients and stir to combine well.
4. Roll the mixture into balls, about 2 tablespoons or 40 g each.
5. Place the remaining coconut into a clean bowl. Add the balls and toss to coat completely. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until cold. Health bites are best stored in the refrigerator.