Weekend brekky sorted: Baked Eggs with Kale & Dukkah!
If you love baked eggs, you need to try this delicious recipe! It’s warm & hearty, perfect for a winter morning! Make it part of your weekend breakfast rotation ??
Baked Eggs with Kale and Dukkah
Makes 5 serves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion – diced
2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
2 tsp salt
1kg tinned diced tomatoes
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tbsp Dukkha
½ cup Parsley – chopped
2 cups Kale leaves – chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the oil in a medium sized pan on medium to high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic & salt and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until onions are soft & golden.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and ½ cup of water, then bring to the boil.
- Add the paprika & dukkah then turn the heat down and continue to cook on a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped parsley, and the chopped kale then continue to cook, stirring for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble 5 oven proof ramekins. Place 1 cup of tomato mixture into each ramekin, and make a small well in the middle.
- Crack 2 eggs into the well in each ramekin.
- Sprinkle extra dukkah over the eggs.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 10 minutes. The eggs should be cooked but runny with thickened yolks in the middle.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This dish is great served with some toasted Pita bread and fresh lemon.