Make your own Jamaican Christmas Iced Tea
It wouldn’t be a traditional Jamaican Christmas without hibiscus iced tea! This festive season, we go back to our roots with none other than our own take on the Jamaican Christmas Iced Tea. It’s a light and refreshing fruity iced tea with a touch of cinnamon spice to taste.
So grab yourself a glass, top it up with ice and do as the Jamaican’s do and make your own with our adapted at-home recipe. The perfect way to cool down this summer!
Makes: 5 portions (approx. 350ml)
1 tbsp fruit tea
1 cup boiling water
2 cups ice cubes
½ cup hibiscus syrup
3 cups cold water
5 ea cinnamon quills
5 ea orange slices
Note: Make this in a large jug & pour into glasses to serve.
Tea can be brewed using a tea pot or tea infuser.
- Steep fruit tea in boiling water for approx. 5-10 minutes to extract tea flavours.
- Strain liquid into a large serving jug & discard leftover tea leaves.
- Add ice cubes to hot tea to cool down then add the hibiscus syrup & cold water.
- Mix well to incorporate all ingredients then add cinnamon quills & orange slices to jug & leave to sit in fridge for at least 30 minutes to infuse.
- To serve pour over ice in chilled glasses & garnish each with an orange slice & cinnamon quill.
If you’re doing your Christmas shopping and looking to escape and refresh, be sure to stop by your local Jamaica Blue to grab yourself our limited edition Jamaican Christmas Iced Tea!
Available in stores until 31 December 2018. Find your nearest Jamaica Blue cafe here.