Fancy up your brekky with Eggs Florentine
Adding Eggs Florentine to your breakfast repertoire is a great way to impress any breakfast guests. There’s a reason this one is breakfast classic.
Makes 4 serve
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp salt
180g (4 cups) baby spinach
200g (⅔ cup) Hollandaise sauce
4 large slices sourdough bread OR English Muffin
Finely chopped chives, to serve
- Place 2½ litres water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the vinegar and salt. Reduce the heat to low so the water is just simmering
- Gently crack half the eggs into individual small cups or ramekins, taking care not to break the yolk
- Using a large spoon, stir the water clockwise to create a whirlpool, then gently tip in the eggs, one at a time. Cook for 2 minutes for soft poached or until cooked to your liking. Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon & drain on a clean tea towel
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining eggs
- While the eggs are poaching, place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the spinach and 1 tablespoon water. Gently turn the spinach until just wilted. Drain as much excess liquid as possible from the spinach & set aside
- Place the Hollandaise sauce in a microwave-safe container and cook for 30 seconds or until heated through. Stir and if the sauce is still not hot enough return to the microwave and cook for another 10 seconds. Note: Be careful not to overheat the Hollandaise sauce or it will split.
- Toast the bread, then divide among plates.
- Top bread with the spinach, then the poached eggs.
- Pour the warm Hollandaise sauce over the eggs, scatter with chives and serve immediately. For those who want some additional protein, add a side of crispy bacon 🙌